“Training information enabled me to solve a long term problem on an existing system”Dan Radcliffe, Simpson Timber
“Compared to other hydraulic courses I have attended, this one has much more real world knowledge"Travis Draband, Newnes Machine
"I have learned more in three days than in 10 years... [the instructor ensures] each student understands [the material] fully."Don Reed
“All Millwrights should attend this . . . course”Steve Tallman, Crown Pacific
Comprehensive Hydraulic Training For Millwrights, Electricians, Supervisors, Planners, & Purchasers
Not all hydraulic systems are the same. But the fundamentals are.
Our main training program is structured in three parts in order to ensure your personnel understand the fundamentals of the systems they’re working with before attempting to tackle the components and complex troubleshooting. Each part of our Hands-On Hydraulics course builds on the curriculum of the previous part. The result is better trained team members who can help your business reduce downtime and save money.
Advanced Hydraulic Solutions training includes:
- Immersive hands-on training, providing attendees with practical experience that “book knowledge” cannot deliver.
- Training benches for every student with real world components, because working with “model” components is harder to translate into real world settings.
- Small class size to maximize instructor interaction. We never exceed an 8:1 student to instructor ratio.
- CEU credits available via Portland Community College providing your apprentices with top quality training to meet their educational requirements.
- Learn to read system schematics, helping to troubleshoot faster and more effectively.
- Concise training lectures teaches attendees fundamentals so they can build upon these principles in subsequent sessions and back at your facility.
*NOTICE* All in-person Hydraulic training courses are on-hold due to COVID-19.
Essential Hydraulics Part 1
This comprehensive 4.5 day course is designed to provide attendees with increased understanding of the essential elements of hydraulic system maintenance, troubleshooting, and safety.
Q&A sessions reinforce learned material. The next logical step is Essential Hydraulics Part 2.
Essential Hydraulics Part 2
Picking up where Essential Hydraulics leaves off, this 4 day course focuses on specific components and common hydraulic circuitry.
Prerequisite: Essential Hydraulics, Part 1
Essential Hydraulics: Ace Troubleshooting, Part 3
Learn to quickly and effectively troubleshoot real-world hydraulic circuits and components. Information is presented using a hands-on approach.
Prerequisite: Essential Hydraulics, Part 2
Accumulators can be the most dangerous of all hydraulic components if they are improperly understood or applied.
This brief seminar will help crews safely work with the most common types of accumulators and systems.
Fluid Lines & Fittings
Quit wasting time and money rummaging through a box for fittings, or on poorly constructed, unsafe fluid lines.
Attendees will learn about the fittings and fluid lines commonly used on the job. They will also learn to properly and safely make hydraulic hoses without waste.
Maybe it's been awhile? This course is intended for previous attendees of Part 1 or Part 2 courses in the past who need a refresher before moving on to the next course.
However, it is open to anyone wanting to refresh their hydraulics knowledge.